Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thoughts on this class

You know.. one of the things I love most about this class is that we actually get something from it beyond the texts we read. I feel as if I don't even get something from the texts in other classes (I won't mention names), and it makes me question why those unfulfilling classes should even be a class in college (or how the teacher bullshitted their way into the position). In my opinion, yes college is about becoming more intelligent, but it's also about finding yourself. and Janelle has tirelessly tried to make us think for ourselves (by paradoxically leading us mindlessly toward thinking for ourselves). It's amazing that we need to be TAUGHT how to think for ourselves. Are we really that conditioned that we just accept what we are reading/experiencing/seeing? I love that the class/Janelle have provided a paper on morals to be taken from the books. It is truly a time to reflect, as well as another opportunity to hone some writing skills! :)

2 comments:

  1. I kno rite...
    greatest class everrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. What I love about this class is that it is one of the few courses that I have ever taken that actually achieves the goal that higher education should strive for: a true exercise of the mind, stretching one's brain in a way that is beyond one's every day thought process. Honestly I don't think I put truth, lies, and literature as one of my top choices, but I am so happy that I was placed in it as it was definitely my favorite course of my freshman year. As it was meant to happen, Bokonon would say...

    ReplyDelete