Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I still don’t know where I stand with this


I’m still not a fan of Kindred, although I am enjoying the story line a lot more than when I first started reading it. We keep discussing in class the paradox the book makes about time travel and the fact that Dana is still present in the past and it won’t alter her existence.


As I progress into the reading I came across this, “We look alike… Anyways, all that means we’re two halves of the same woman-- at least in his crazy head.” We have reached a point in the story where Dana and Alice acknowledge there exists a connection between them other than Rufus’s preferences. Dana has been aware of this connection, that they have a blood relation, although I am still skeptical of it. But as we discussed in class, Dana must have a greater and better reason for being in the past other than Rufus.


According to the paradox, whatever Dana’s actions, her existence will not be in any way threatened. But there’s still the question of what her true purpose is, at least in my point of view. I haven’t yet finished reading the book, so I’m still not sure of the answer and where the book’s conclusion will lead.


Still, I’m not a fan though.


No comments:

Post a Comment