Sunday, October 30, 2011

When Dana goes back to the antebellum south, she tends to forget about the hugeness and focus on the little things. For instance, she keeps herself busy with “slave tasks” so to keep from driving herself crazy over all the things that she would worry about, like leaving Kevin behind or keeping Rufus alive and making sure Hagar is born. I tend to do the same thing as Dana. Sometimes I’ll find myself freaking out over how much work I have to do when really its not that bad. I look way to far into the future so that I could plan ahead/around conflicts. Whenever I do that, I get overwhelmed really quickly and end up worrying more than actually getting good work done. So I can see why Dana focuses on the little things in front of her at the moment. Like Dana, I’ve learned to take it one step at a time and only focus on the task at hand, not the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment