Sunday, October 27, 2013

What Just Happened in Foe

               I finished Foe this weekend and I still do not understand Part IV. (I probably will spoil the ending of Foe, so do not keep reading if you are not done the book).  I read the first page of Part IV about ten times and I picture something different every time.  The hardest thing in this part is keeping up with the location.  I found myself getting lost, while reading.  If I just let my mind loose I would forget where I am in the novel, but when I focused on everything that was being written I lost some of the meaning.  I read the last two pages without stopping and I was confused, but I also felt more into a book then I ever had.  I did not know what was going on, but somehow all of the confusions made sense to me.  I know I do not sound very clear here, but that is the same effect the book had on me. 


               In the last paragraph something came out of Friday’s mouth and I was just wondering what people thought that could possibly be.  I really wanted him to open his mouth and for the character (not sure if it is Susan) to see a tongue, but something else came out.  I interpreted the paragraph as Friday was releasing freedom in some way.  However, it could easily be something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment