Friday, October 2, 2009

What was I doing?

I liked the movie because not only was it action-filled and dramatic, but it was also funny. The director was able to lighten up the mood when it got too harsh. Relating to our course, it did a very good job. There was actually a line that Teddy said that reminded me of "When Things Fall Apart," it went something like this: from your memories you create what you think is true, but because you're happy with it it's ok if it's a lie. I know that's not word for word but it reminded me of the book because war veterans seemed to pull their stories mainly based on memory. And it didn't matter whether is was true or not what matter was the message they were trying to portray.

Commenting on how the movie was made is very hard because even though it made me confused at times, I would have rathered (not a word??) it been filmed that way because it gives us the sense of disillusionment the main character felt every time he woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment