Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Old reading/New reading

So, I feel as if writing another blog about Owl Creek Bridge will be redundant to our classroom discussion and everyone else's response on here. At this point, comments are the only thing that make sense. That way it can turn into a discussion instead of "he tricked us" and "it made the story more interesting because it wasn't what we expected".

Cat's Cradle, on the other hand, seems like it will be an easy ready as far as the font and the small chapters, but the whole new religion concept is going to be something to wrap my brain around. The quote in chapter 4 "all of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies" really interests me. I haven't read far enough yet, but maybe this could mean things in our life that we take as truth really have an underlying/deeper meaning that we do not question? We'll see. I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks of these oxymoronic quotes also. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment