Thursday, April 28, 2011

HOLY...

THAT MOVIE. JUST BLEW MY MIND...

Here's the thing. The whole movie, I was trying to determine what was "true" and what was not. So basically, here I am, knowing that someone is giving him the wrong information. I was trying to figure out who.

I knew from the beginning that Teddy wasn't the right guy. So I'm trying to see who told him to write "Don't believe his lies" on his picture. When that girl came into the picture, I decided "Hmm maybe this is his wife, and he doesn't realize it?"I thought if this was the case, there was someone who was just making all of it up to do their own dirty work. And eventually I was like "Or not..."

Then I decided as he was telling the Sammy story that maybe he talks about him because he has the same condition where he was only mentally faking it to block out what he doesn't want to remember. Kind of went with my "His wife is that lady" theory.

I kind of also thought that perhaps he only chose to forget whenever he was in a stressful situation. I thought the "big twist" was when he'd realize that he can actually remember everything. Then they realized his condition wasn't "faking." That was wrong, too.

So then I figured that woman killed his wife. Also wrong.

And then I decided that HE was the killer and he was just creating his own reality...

Basically I guessed different puzzle pieces of the entire picture because I was taught to see clues and not read blindly while also not believing everything that is said. The reason this movie was so awesome is because the ending gives that final puzzle piece. There really is no way to "know
the ending" because of how many different clues they give you. Just like Lenny, we had the scenes jumbled, making it difficult to recall the past events, and we were constantly given different information that could be true or possibly lies.

So until that option is given of Lenny actually creating the false reality to give him something to live for, the viewer is confused of WHAT to believe. Even then when Teddy reveals the "truth," I still kind of thought..."but is THAT really the 'truth'?" We are never actually given the entire story because we are forced to perceive it in our own way. We can believe the words Teddy gives us at the end, or choose to keep searching as Lenny does.

Technically, he could really be his wife's murderer who keeps Lenny searching in order to save his own life. There's so many possibilities that it wraps up this course perfectly: we should never believe something just because it is written down or because someone "proves" it's true. It's all about how you choose to believe and look at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment