Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Powerful & Disorienting

Wow, that was a bit different from when I remember watching it when I was younger, but still epic and mind blowing all the same. I definitely get more out of it now, to some extent because I'm older, but mostly from what I've learned in this course. I enjoyed the manipulation of both us as the viewers and Leonard as a victim of short term memory loss. The way the movie is related from the end to the beginning is very disorienting and leaves the viewer vulnerable to the forms of manipulation to come. It also serves as a reminder that if yuo forget the manipulative nature of the world and its many agendas, you may also become someone elses tool. Overall my favorite part has to be the end when Leonard has found out that he has been killing many people, and chooses to alter his reality by letting himself forget about what he has just been told and giving himself a new clue. Even with his disability, Leonard takes full control of his reality and makes his disability an advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment