Sunday, October 20, 2013

Science is Magic That Works

So last year after the AP test my psych class decided to spend the rest of the semester painting a mural in the science wing of my high school. Since I was on senior project I only came back to help out a few times, but the idea was to use the principles of perception to paint a giant strand of DNA along the walls of the science hallway. Looking at the DNA from far away, it would look as if it was one continuous strand, but from close up, you could tell that it was actually broken up into discontinuous chunks. After I graduated I didn't get to see the finished product until last Friday when I went back to visit and found that my class had added a quote to the mural: "Science is magic that works"--from Cat's Cradle! I just thought that that was quite coincidental so I wanted to share...


No comments:

Post a Comment