Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Totally Didn't See That Coming...

I’d like to start out by saying-- that movie was crazy good. 


I really liked the way the film was set up, how the viewer would find out the consequences before he knew the actions that caused them. It lent to an exciting style that was interesting to watch and kept you wondering what would happen next, or what the circumstances were that led to a certain event. 


I was completely surprised by the final scene. I was not at all expecting what happened to occur. I had no clue, and was completely caught off guard. With the information given to us the viewers, the possibility that Teddy was a “good-guy” never occured. He seemed like an conniving ass-hole throughout the movie, so when he turned out to have gone through the drill with Leonard’s revenge-seeking before, it was a cool turn of events.

I’m not really sure if I consider the story a lie; Leonard had that condition, that in my mind, kind of served as an excuse to make that leap in the end plausibly. I liked that twist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment