Thursday, February 17, 2011

Voodoo Lecture

The Voodoo lecture tonight was very interesting. I really enjoyed listening to Mark talk about the history of Voodoo and was very surprised to find that the perspective I had of Voodoo was wrong all along. I like the way he said it "runs in the blood," this goes to show how important family is in Voodoo. I always took people who practiced this to be evil and dangerous, but Mark was very nice and seemed harmless. He did say, however, that he has the power to have things done to someone but it isn't done in the way I thought it was. It is actually done through spirits who respond to God and he (Mark) has no control over what the spirits decide to do to this person. Mark was very friendly and funny, he made the lecture fun and I enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment