Sunday, November 13, 2011

Aura

Both Aura and House of Danger are alike in the sense that they are different breed of books that we have not read in class before. The plot in Aura is a difficult one to follow and I am still questioning its purpose. I stayed away from the Spanish form of the book because Spanish literature tends to always make me connect it to my personal experiences. I can also say the Spanish form of the text has a sort of passion within the words that I always find missing in English literature.



House of Danger, although is targeted to a younger audience, I found it extremely dry compared to Aura. Both texts were written in a simplistic manner but I found their use of second person completely different. I found Aura to be able to omit a spark the words just flowed natural from one to another. Once I picked up the book it was hard for me to put it down, before I had realized it I was already at the end of it. Yet I was mystified by what it had presented to me.



House of Danger tried to imitate this but it failed naturally due to the format the book is presented. The story did not flow naturally, even if we disregard the constant page jumping. I disliked how the story went of in multiple tangents it accomplished to make leave in a state of perplexity but not anywhere near the way Aura had accomplished it.



The more time I dwell in the stories of both books I find it that Aura demands much of my attention. I also had a fun time creating a chapter for that book. I just found myself merging into that style of second person. I tried to make my story flow naturally try to adapt to the second person make it flow to the speed of Aura. Although the story itself gave me Goosebumps, the style attracted me. It is the closest I have seen an English translation try to infuse the passion that comes naturally into Spanish literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment