Monday, November 7, 2011

House of Danger

So my adventure lasted for about 5 minutes in which Venus Flytraps attacked me…ouch. Anyways, I was really dissatisfied by the ending I chose because my story was so short and I was sure there was a “better” and “more accurate” ending for me. Maybe I’m the only one who did this, but I was really curious about the other 20 or so endings. So I spent another 15 minutes picking and choosing different endings, not really liking any of them and then I gave up and realized that there is no “right” ending. And that made me think of all the discussions we had in class about truth, reality, and perception.

I think Montgomery’s House of Danger was a good book for us to read last in this class because it kind of summarized a majority of the topics we’ve discussed about truth. We could interpret the numerous ending within the book as a parallel to the multiple realities in life; therefore, truth does not truly exist. Everything is simply perception. Additionally, we mentioned in class that humans are constantly searching for the truth and I proved that notion when I searched furiously for different endings. I think we generally need a harsh reality thrust upon us to be satisfied and that is why we continue to search for the truth. Again, these are all things we touched on in class, but I really like how this House of Danger reminded me of these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment