Monday, March 31, 2014

Lost (Possibly)

It’s a burden, I guess, the freedom we do have. Though I consider myself relatively self disciplined and was relieved by the change of deadlines for our weekly blog post, here I find my self again, embarking on my review of the week (or three, in this case) with only a couple of small hours until the finished product is due. Even after three weeks of notice, the blogging process remains a last minute task I struggle to plan for. Of course, freedom grants me the right to begin my thought process whenever I choose, but does it not also grant me the opportunity for greater success?


Once Susan begins reading what is presumably her script, does she continue reading or is she revising her thoughts? Has she been concealing a longer connection to Friday, one that predates the island and Cruso and constructed background she previously recalled? It’s interesting that the quotations extend only as far as he opening line, and then disappear. I don’t have the slightest idea as to what their presence (or lack there of) means, or if it’s even Susan speaking at this point. The text leading up seems to indicate Susan’s narration, but the issue of Susan 2, who claims to know as much of the original Susan’s adventure, being a possible narrator, muddies the situation. It almost seems as if Susan 2 is the most likely narrator for the closing pages, as she sees two people in the bed. I am expecting, however, that all of my ideas about the fourth sections will radically change by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment