Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Late&Language

Once we decided as a class to extend the deadline for blogposts, I promised myself that I would do everything in my power to complete the posts on time. Yet, here I am, writing my blogpost at 12:20 a.m. after I completed all my other homework, laundry, and various extracurriculars. One thing I've learned about myself throughout the entire blogging experience is that I struggle to meet deadlines that are not heavily enforced and that do not come with a penalty if not met. Even though I always am thoughtful and insightful in my posts, it's vital that I meet the deadline that my classmates all agreed on because of the importance of respect and discipline. That being said,  as I was reading part 4 of Foe, I found myself thinking becoming frustrated with the ambiguous language and choppy sentences throughout the five pages. But then I found myself reflecting on why language must flow, transition, and be worded perfectly? Why must writing fit a mold that I've constructed in my mind? I think that part 4 challenges the reader to develop their own interpretation of the novel and discover the identity of the narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment