Monday, April 7, 2014

I Want An A!

I want an A! Plain and simple. With the exception of one all of my posts – comments included – have been on time. I enjoy posting and believe that I put a respectable amount of effort into doing such. So, let that serve as a promise of sorts that my posting will continue through the end of the year. However at the same time, let this comment also serve as an indication that I am not half-assing my posts in an effort to get them in. They are thought provoking and very much intentional.

I have spent a good deal of time on my blog post this semester, and while a few may have been late or even off topic, they were well crafted and thoughtful. A recurring theme throughout the year was “challenging the norms”. In the syllabus, it is even stated that, “the blog is designed to allow you to react… to the external media to which you are undoubtedly and relentlessly exposed.” Whether the April Fools post or even the “I Don’t Want” post, I think it is safe to say that my blog posts have “challenged the norm”.  Speaking of such, as you may have come to realize at this point, you are reading – ironically – my self-grade proposal for my collective blog posts as a blog-post itself. If this is unable to meet the “challenging the norms” standard, I’m not sure if I ever will. I believe that, most importantly, my posts are fun to read (they sure are to write) and deviate from the banal cycle of mundane analysis that is undoubtedly so easy to fall into during an English class with an emphasis on reading.

It is for all of these reasons that I believe I deserve an A.


1 comment:

  1. Just be careful with your word choice: “deviate from the banal cycle of mundane analysis”. The implication there is that the rest of the class’ blog posts are both banal and mundane.

    ReplyDelete