Monday, November 28, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

There is a force inside of all of us that drives us in a certain direction. Its that little voice inside your head deciding for you before you can decide for yourself. Its when you find yourself acting without thinking, without knowing what lie ahead. For some people this voice is influenced by family, others friends, and some religion; there are of course other more specific elements for certain individuals. I feel as though it is a combination of sorts. A combination of where you came from, who you grew up around, and most of all what you believe in. In my case I bow down to two voices, one in my head the other in my heart. Most of what comes from my heart is what I've learned through the years is right and wrong, and what can be successful and unsuccessful. However it is not always the educated decisions that produce the greatest end result. Sometimes one must follow their heart to a certain destination. For me my heart bases decisions on my religion, Christianity, and I am reminded of my religion and belief by a certain artifact; my necklace, more specifically my cross. It reminds me to think of more than just myself in regards to the outcome of my decisions. Even if there is no personal gain to be had it may not be necessary to reach the most positive outcome. What do you do though when you have both these voices arguing in your head? Is there any way to make the right decision all the time? The answer is no, I cannot make the right decision all the time and that is for a good reason. With failure comes knowledge and with knowledge comes a positive future. Every wrong choice I make, whether it is from my heart or my head, aids me in making better future decisions. The key thing is to never get down on yourself for making a mistake, embrace it, learn from it. Even after 19 years I still do not know whose opinion to trust, my head or my hearts, but I am confident that one day in the future I will understand how to take both sides and create the ultimate conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment