Thursday, December 1, 2011

GAGA


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oP_CKRUX4&feature=relmfu



I never thought I would find a Lady Gaga video that would relate to this class, but I guess miracles do happen. I just wanted to share this with you all. Lady Gaga's opening sentences in this video reminded me a lot of our class and the themes we discuss about what is truth and what is lie and, now especially with Memento, what is memory.

"When I look back on my life, it’s not that I don’t want to see things exactly as they happened, it’s just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way. And truthfully, the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it. Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics; they can be lost forever. It’s sort of like my past is an unfinished painting and as the artist of that painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again. It’s not that I’ve been dishonest, it’s just that I loathe reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment