Monday, April 27, 2015

wtf is an "A"?

Two minutes ago, I was staring at a blank page that had my name, the title of this course, and the words "Blog Self-Evaluation and Grade" written across the top. Those ten words were the only words I had written in twenty minutes. I know this problem can be solved by simply writing, "I deserve an A on my blog posts," and in the midst of finals, three papers, a lab, a presentation, a concert, and an oral report, writing one sentence sounds like an alleluia chorus. But do I deserve an A? The standards of what "A" work is has changed every time I have experienced a new professor. The effort and time I put into my work, however, always has been in my hands. I know I would feel guilty if I took the easy path of getting an A, but then again, I was only late on two comments and one blog post (the dates determined by me), so although not perfect, it is commendable.
Interestingly enough, I think writing out my dilemma has helped me decide what to write on my self evaluation. I will write a paragraph about my work ethic towards the blog, and then determine a grade based off of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment