Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Appropriately titled because of the fact that it is 2:15 in the morning; I couldn't figure out what EXACTLY I wanted to say for the blog and then I remembered the mini-conversation about dreams. When we were actively searching for symbols and metaphors during class, Morgan pointed out dreams and though I have to admit I was shocked that she actually found one that made sense to me (lol) it was a REALLY good one. It pertained not only to the book, but to the class as well. Dreams lie to you constantly, and they are blatant lies at that. Sometimes you have a dream about your best friend, and even though the person in your dream looks NOTHING like your best friend, you KNOW that's who it is supposed to be. I feel like that's what we have been doing. Even though the book says one thing we know it's another, but we don't let it bother us... usually. Now that we are further along in the class and more comfortable, we have that tendency to "go with the flow" and let the story be told to us. I actually really like that even though we're not getting so worked up over the stories like we were, we are still cautious and still question what we don't know.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the concept of comparing this book to our dreams. In basically every dream I've ever had, nothing makes sense. The other night I had a dream I was interviewing the Obama's in the White House... so when did the White House freakishly start resembling my house? We don't question these things. I can't tell if that's the beauty or the frightening fact about books; we let them take control.

    ReplyDelete