Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aura

At first I did not enjoy this book very much because it made no sense to me. After discussing it in class and writing the paper on a quote, I have grown an appreciation for the book. I understand where Fuentes was going and the message he wrote into the text. What I gathered from the novel, was that Consuelo needed to exist in order for Aura to come back and Felipe needed to exist in order for General Llorente to come back. Felipe is in love with Aura, and Consuelo is in love with General Llorente so in order for them all to be together, they all need to exist. That seems obvious, but it is the way I think of it. I often have trouble formulating my thoughts into words, so maybe I can explain more of what I mean in the next class discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment