Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aura

While reading this novela, I kept wondering "what's the point?" Like I said in class, at one point I thought Aura was a cat who could transform into a human (obviously I was wrong.) What I liked about the book is the way it kept me guessing, there were many signs of what was going on but it wasn't until the very last page that I actually got it. Surprisingly, the "you" used in the text didn't bother me, although I was kinda grossed out when I read "you stop kissing those fleshless lips, those toothless gums" (pg. 145). But anyway, I enjoyed reading this book and plan to read it again in Spanish to see if it leads me in a different direction than it did when I read it in English.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I too thought that Aura would turn into a cat at some point in the novel, and was a little disappointed that she didn't until I finished reading and discovered that it was better that she didn't turn into a cat..

    ReplyDelete