Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aura...well that was interesting...

I finished Aura by Carlos Fuentes last night, and while I guessed early on what was going to happen, I still got thrown into the book. I think it had a great deal with the use of the word "you" describing nearly everything that Felipe did. It kind of turned the reader into the character becoming a part of his movements and thoughts. It was almost as if we became the double of Felipe just as Aura was Consuelo's young double. On another note it really reminded me of the Notebook as it seems that Felipe slowly regains some comfort if not memory of the situation (memory was an important theme, and it had some awesome quotes). He finds the photos, and he is standing there with Aura, but it's Consuelo's name on the back. Maybe Felipe is the general's younger double. This is all a bit scattered, but that's kind of how the book left me. I'm excited to hear the class discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment