Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What's Actually Happening?


This bomb/shooter threat has me wondering how much of what the faculty reveals to us is true.  The administration could be completely feeding us false information to keep us from falling into a state of mass hysteria.  As they siphon us information, I am trapped in my organic chemistry class without food or water, and am not allowed to leave.  I understand that they are taking precautionary measures, but they asked students to evacuate the entire dark-side of campus, which requires them to walk outside in broad daylight.  That can’t be very safe.  If they’re asking students to walk across campus on the dark side (where the actual threat is) why can’t I just go to my room on the light side from the science center?  Awfully suspicious to me.
Also, why would an intended criminal announce to the entire campus that he plans to act against the law?  No one that plans to commit crimes just announces to everyone that he will complete these acts.  Again, I understand this is a precautionary measure, but it’s 2015; this is ridiculous. Trace the goddamn phone call, find the person who called, and scan the “suspicious” bags.  The administration is acting strange in their handling of this issue.  I’m not saying I have better plans than they do, but I feel as though some of these actions are contradictory and mildly unnecessary.  I doubt anyone was actually seen making any threats.  The only suspicious activity is a vague phone call and a bag someone left on the floor of KJ.  Now I have lost the most beautiful day of the year (thus far) and valuable study time that I need for the excessive amount of work I have this week.
End Rant.

1 comment:

  1. Conor my man,
    I agree with you on the suspicious activities on the part of the administration. I have been talking to a couple of my friends about possible ulterior motives. Sound a little conspiracy theory here, but there's really no point in not trying to formulate speculations; after all, we the student body have the rights to know because we are the one being affected as well, not just them. My take on this is that we should also consider the fact that Hamilton was instantly on the news, which may sound extremely counter-intuitive since it's borderline bad advertising. But nonetheless bad advertising is still advertising. Of course there would be a whole slew of other problems with this reasoning as well, so I'm curious to know what you think actually went through the administration's decision making process.

    ReplyDelete