Monday, April 21, 2014

manipulating ourselves to manipulate others



When writing this post, I was trying to think of big sources of manipulation that haven’t already been mentioned. I realized something that I don’t believe anyone has talked about is relationships. Boyfriends, girlfriends, hookups, etc. are all major sources of manipulation, especially in college. The way we interact with the people we are interested in revolves around manipulation.

“How do I get them to know I’m interested?”
“How do I make them interested?”
“What will they think if I say this?”
“Why aren’t they responding to my text?”
“Should I text again?”

Those are just some examples of the thoughts that run through many people’s heads. The entire thing is one big mess. It is all about people trying to manipulate other people to think what you want them to and as a result, have a certain opinion of you. Also, the whole process ends up manipulating you and the way you think and act. When you think about it, it’s all crazy. Why can’t we just take a breather and have confidence in the fact that it will work out the way it’s supposed to? All of these thoughts not only are for the sole purpose of manipulating someone else, but they then manipulate us to act in a certain way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment