Monday, April 21, 2014

Manipulation here, manipulation there


I am currently being manipulated to videotape a live softball game. The manipulation started two days ago when my boss sent an email offering an extra pay to whoever volunteered to record today’s softball game. While reading the email, I remember listening to my friends talk about softball but I was not able to contribute because I barely knew how the sport was played so I thought to myself, maybe videotaping the game would be a great way to learn about this sport. Also the extra pay for recording the video sounded great.
When I got to the field, the video camera was able to capture the entire field so I did not have to do any work. I sat done to watch the game. It was an interesting  game but as I sat there watching the game I started to get nervous about my upcoming Organic Chemistry exam and within the next ten minutes I find myself practicing Organic Chemistry while recording a live softball game.
My boss was trying to manipulate her worker with the extra pay and my lack of sport culture manipulated me to take the job but at the end of the day the importance of getting a good grade manipulated me to study Organic Chemistry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment