Monday, April 14, 2014

Social media gives us the power to express how we are feeling, show the world what we ate for lunch and even keep in contact with long lost friends through posting on their wall. Yes these social medias keep us all connected but connected on what level.

I personally believe texting and Facebook chat have manipulated the emotions of individuals. It really annoys me when I am having a conversation with someone and they don't understand my tone or the sarcasm of what I am trying to say. It creates so much tension and then it needs to be explained what exactly I meant by what I said.

Also these new forms of conversation have manipulated the way we have a conversation. People don't spell out words all the way because it is more convenient. "LOL" "BRB" "TTYL" all have changed the way we communicate with someone. Imagine talking to your significant other and they respond with "ILY" instead of spelling out the words "I love you." It just amazes me how technology can change the way one speaks, even in real life conversations. I know I have the habit of responding to some people by using this new lingo. I will say kk instead of saying okay to someone.

It is amazing how easy manipulation occurs in the real world. This was only one small piece of a much larger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment