Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot -- I guess not."

Having never seen The Butterfly Effect before this class, I was unsure of how well it was going to fit in with the course. I had heard plenty of the story, with the majority of the reviews being pretty negative. Yet after watching it myself, the movie isn't necessarily pleasant to watch, but is perfectly fitting for the course in the sense that it made me question reality. It made me look at things I never think about, and observe it from different possibilities.
The movie put forth different courses, paths, and possibilities one life could have, and it left me sitting in my seat, freaking out over which one would finally be the truth. Every decision Evan made had a long-lasting effect on his life. The movie wrapped me up in each possibility, leaving a little lost and confused as to which path in life was the right one -- the truth.
It made me think about all the choices made in my life, and how different life would be for not only me, but everyone in my life. I don't necessarily believe the decision between Dr. Pepper and Coke at dinner last night would have too much of a different outcome had I picked Coke, but at the same time, I'll never know. I've come to realize though, that the choices I make are not to be messed with. I have heard quite a few people throughout my life say they wish they could go back in time and change a choice they made. After watching The Butterfly Effect, I've decided I'm not going to think twice about my decision between Dr. Pepper and Coke, because God knows what would have happened had I chosen Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment