Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I say hey, What's going on?

Was anyone else so confused by Aura?  At first I was so confuzzled by the fact the the author kept saying 'you,' and I was thinking, "wait, me?" When he first reads the advertisement, he is intrigued and pictures himself fulfilling the duties. Then the author says 'your name' is missing, in which case i started to get lost. But i would be lying if I knew what was going on after the second chapter. I was under the impression that the niece was turning into a rabbit and then turning into a cat... I realized we talked about this in class and tried to explain it at an iron rectangle, but I'm still so confused. Aura is obviously the catalyst of the story, as all of the characters revolve around her. But when you relate him to Consuelo's late husband, things get iffy.  I did not really understand much of the book at all, therefore do I have much to offer in this blog? Well, I feel as if I do.  I think the fact that many would agree with me in their confusion of this book. HOWEVER, the book offered content that easily ties into the course. First off, we must decipher this idea of the rabbit, mush like we must decipher what is real in books like "Man in the High Castle."  But I feel as if we are past the point of deciding what is real or not, and to the point where we should decided what is important or not. The rabbit, then, would be almost irrelevant as it is in the mind of "YOU."  The fact that the Author uses the word "you" makes it so the reader feels encompassed in the story even though he or she may not know what is going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment