Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reading His Aura

Aura would probably be my favorite book that we have read so far. I like the places it has taken us and the way it took us there. I enjoyed watching him become a puppet of love (sick as that may sound) because whether it's not so obvious, that happens in real life. We become other people's puppets sometimes and we don't notice it. Of course, our girlfriends/boyfriends don't turn into old women/men within a couple of weeks, but nevertheless... it happens. I really liked the relationship between Consuelo and Aura as well as General Llorente and Felipe Montero, and the way Felipe just eased in to becomming a part of the house, just like furniture. Even when he argued about leaving with Consuelo, as soon as he saw Aura, he told her "yes, I'll be staying with you." He was gone to the world now, but he didn't care because he had his "true love". I think this is easy for anyone to relate to because once we find something or someone we care about a lot, we become a part of it and forget about what was there before it: sometimes temporarily, but sometimes forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment