Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Final Ramblings

21 minutes left.
Oh, what do I write? It’s been almost a week since we discussed new literature and my rewrite in class gave very little return. Every idea I formed on O’Brien and Vonnegut seemingly deserted after two months. However, it wasn’t as simple as a recall mission into what we had once discussed, it was a struggle against the information with which I had replaced the two novels.
17 minutes left.
All that remained was the focus of my paper. The only outstanding metaphors, the only meaningful connections, and vast gaps between the two narratives seemed to be those already within my paper. Though my topic was narrow compared to the variety of the novels, even to this minute I have nothing.
6 minutes left.
Damn, I shouldn’t have stopped there.
4 minutes left.
I wonder if that’s a generic product of thinking. By putting in great focus on one facet of an argument or a situation, can we loose all the detail around which our own thoughts are built? The next time I attempt to revise my paper, will I be able to think about anything other than thinking about how little I remember?
1 minute late.

Well, that’s a bad example. I can’t pretend to say I put an equivalent amount of work towards this blog post, but the question remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment