Monday, May 5, 2014

Self-Actualization

As I was thinking back on my experience in the course this semester, one of the things that stood out to me the most was the self-actualization workshop. I was completely inspired after our class discussion and shared some of my notes with my close friends and family. Since then, I've been trying to incorporate more things that make me happy into my everyday lifestyle. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn, talk, and ask questions about something that actually mattered to me. I've never had that experience in another class. Although the workshop was class was not lead by Janelle, our discussions in Truth, Lies in Literature parallel and encourage the ideas brought out in the self-actualization workshop. Janelle always encourages us to defy her and although we may not have all challenged her with a different paper prompt or no paper at all, I think we have all defied her in some way or another. I've learned a lot more in this class about who I am and what makes me happy than I ever expected to. I am very grateful for that and for the experiences I've had in TLL this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment