Monday, May 5, 2014

Truth, Lies in Literature

As I was thinking about what to write for, what I think is, our last blog post, I found myself reflecting back on the class as a whole. I remember realizing on the first day of class that this was not going to be what I expected. I'm sure many people agree that this class is like no other; I don't know if anyone has encountered a class where we have had so much freedom. There are assigned readings and papers, and we have to get a final grade, but we have a lot of control as well. That threw me, and I think a lot of other people, for a loop because we weren't used to that kind of freedom, and responsibility. This is definitely one of my favorite classes, which is surprising because I do not like English classes, but it is not comparable to any other English class I have taken.

This class has also really made me think about manipulation and the outside forces that influence us in our day to day lives. It isn't like every minute I notice the manipulation around me, but I think this class has definitely made me think more. For example, when I wrote my blog post about the social manipulation to go to college, that really made me think about the years preceding college and my decision to go to college. It also inspired my mediated artifact. I realized societal manipulation is really intriguing, and I really enjoyed discussing this in class. So, I think this class has definitely made me more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment