Monday, May 5, 2014

My Experiences with the Course

            I was having a really tough time thinking of something to blog about tonight, so I figured I’d just talk about some of the aspects that I really liked about this class. As a prospective math and physics double major, I have not had the opportunity to take many discussion-based classes. However, I was often disappointed with those that I did take. This class was the exact opposite. I really enjoyed hearing everyone’s opinions throughout the year, as well as chipping in my own two cents. I feel that every single person added something valuable to the group, and I will definitely miss that in semesters to come. I think it spoke volumes about our class when Janelle said she would be late to class and we all started discussing Foe.

            I thought one of the coolest things about this class was how many different types of manipulation we discussed via different types of media. We read novels, watched movies, and explored real-life manipulation through media(ted) artiFacts. Each novel covered something new and original about manipulation, so it never really got boring. At times I was challenged by the somewhat unorthodox class structure and self-grading but I feel it made me a better student, and encouraged me to view the world a little differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment