Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Did any of it even matter?

Looking back on this course, I agree with what many of the other blog posts that I have just read have said in that it really was the most power that I have ever had in a class: not only because of the direct say that I had in dictating the outcome of my own grades, but in the weight that all of my decisions held due to the fact that I felt a newfound need to really think through them and validate them in some way. I have always been a person who makes decisions very lightly. I wouldn't say that I am instinctually a shallow thinker but in the right setting and context, I would not previously have hesitated to jump to the most easy solution and not think twice about it. However in this class, Janelle really took this thought process, and dissected/reversed it for me. Our assignments were no longer about the actual outcome (because the grading was majorly taken out of her hands) but instead solely about the process. Being forced to reflect on the papers that we wrote without any affirmation of their value other than comments but the responsibility of assessing, reworking, and learning from them back in our own hands. This course conceptually taught me to go about things slowly and carefully as opposed to as a means to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment