Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Decide to Choose


I can’t believe that this is my final blog post and I can’t believe that I am almost done with my first year of college. It is absolutely frightening. I can remember in middle school my parents would tell me how fast life goes. I was so connived that was impossible, but as I sit here writing my final blog post I am thinking holy shit, they were right. Yesterday, I was walking in the Glen and it was so exhilarating to escape the populated campus, and finally breathe. I have been so conditioned to go through the monotony of a standard school day, and honestly that is draining. I feel so guilty when I take a walk in the Glen instead of going to the library. We have been manipulated to feel this guilt and it suffocates and blinds us from the true beauty all around us.  This class has pushed me forward to see and start to re-train myself. There is so much more to life than constantly drowning yourself in a textbook. I think one of the greatest things I will take away from this course is how much choice I really do have. Not only a choice in how I want to go about my school work, but also a choice of how I want to start choosing to do the things that make me happy. Granted, I acknowledge that you have to work with the academic system in place; however, this course has taught me I can start creating my own paths, and find my own journey to my own happiness. Yes, there will be boundaries on the trails I will seek to endeavor, but I decide to choose, regardless, because I refuse to be bound to the decisions constructed and paved by someone else. This is my own life, so fuck, I am going to live it how I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment